Today I am so thankful for my neighbors. I was so surprised when one of the neighbors came over with her kids and a plate of cookies. She isn't even in my ward, but she took the time to get to know me. (So unusual for Utah). Matthew was so excited to play with someone besides His sister.
Her and I talked for over an hour! I am an introvert and don't usual like unexpected company, but I was so thrilled that She came over. It's strange how you can just connect with someone you've never talked to before.
Her cookies weren't too shabby either. Chocolate is always a hit in my home.
Later in the day I had another neighbor come and bring another plate of chocolate cookies. Can I tell you that I love this area!? We didn't talk long, but I always like Her company. We always sit together in church, it might not seem like a big deal, but I've never had anyone sit with me. Ever. Unless they were family of course.
Well, I guess I can also say that I am grateful for all the yummy cookies in my house, even if I need to loose a few pounds. :)
Yum! Being in a new ward with no family is always hard. I'm glad you have someone to sit by. That makes everything so much better. I'm glad you are doing this. I think it will be helpful to others too (i.e. me!). I used to do a "Grateful Sundays" post every Sunday. I should start that up again.
ReplyDelete