Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Budgets

I am soooooo thankful for budgets! I am also glad that my mother taught me the value of a penny. I don't know where we would be without the knowledge my parents gave me.
People will say we are crazy for spending all of our tax returns on our car payments or hospital bills. I've heard on many occasions that it should go to something fun. I'm constantly thinking of what my house could look like or what I could dress like if I spent money on these things. I criticise myself for not buying picture frames or floral arrangements. I get embarrassed when I walk into someones home and it is beautiful when mine isn't.
But, I was thinking today, where we are and where we could be. I don't think I'd be in a house, I doubt I'd have both cars paid off or no credit cards, and I really can say that we'd be in a tight pickle, panicking all day, if we had not sacrificed a few vacations or nice dinners.
So this one goes out to Budgets, being embarrassed about my plain home and my parents. Thank you for teaching me when I was three to save my pennies.

1 comment:

  1. We are the same way. I don't think it's silly to use tax refunds for that stuff. It's smart! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete