Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sewing

This morning was a great one.
I was sitting on my couch looking at my ugly, hand-sewn pillow, thinking "I really need a sewing machine." I then started thinking about how ugly my curtains are because they are about ten inches too long and dragging on the floor.
Just as I was thinking this the phone rang. It was my visiting teacher asking me if I wanted her old sewing machine. I've never had one of those moments. It certainly wasn't a prayer for food or money for bills, but it meant so much to me. I am grateful that She took the time to bring it over to me and show me how to set it up.
I've already sewn another pillow. (I tried a skirt for lillian and it didn't turn out like I wanted it too).

1 comment:

  1. Now that you have a sewing machine you'll wonder how you ever survived without one!

    ReplyDelete